CLONLIFFE / BALLYBOUGH COMMUNITY GRANTS 2019
I am happy to report that €41,125 worth of Community Grants will be made to projects and organizations across the North Inner City. These grants are designed to provide assistance to local areas and help support community development projects. Local based groups set to benefit from these Grants in 2019 including Ballybough Community Group, Ballybough North Strand Local History Group, Barbara Ward Clonliffe & Croke Park Community Centre among others. Full details will be available on http://www.RayMcAdam.com from Monday.
ORCHARD ROAD DEPOT LANDS – REDEVELOPMENT UPDATE
When I called to homes on Orchard Road, Tolka Road and Clonliffe Road last month, numerous householders sought a further update from me with regards the possible redevelopment of the Orchard Road Depot site by Dublin City Council. In order to better inform householders, I sought an update from the Chief Executive as to:
• Whether the Council had yet undertake the preparation of site specific master plan?
• The number of homes that may be delivered and
• A timeline for the completion of the entire redevelopment project.
Officials have since responded to my enquiries, advising that:
• The Council is seeking to build either public or affordable housing on the Orchard Road Depot site.
• 32 homes are envisaged to be provided on the 0.264 hectares
• Site specific development briefs will be prepared from May 2019 onwards.
I hope this information is of assistance to you. However, if you require any additional information or further clarification, please come back to me at RayMcAdam@gmail.com and I will endeavour to secure those details for you.
CROKE VILLAS / BALLYBOUGH ROAD CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Construction work continues on 2 – 6 Ballybough Road in order to provide replacement homes for the remaining residents in Croke Villas. In total, 7 new homes will be provided. The roof structure has now been tiled and completed. Cladding to the front of these new units is under way and officials in the Housing Department of Dublin City Council have indicated to me that these works will be completed in September.