BETTER ENERGY HOMES SCHEME
Better Energy Homes is a Government initiative which provides fixed cash grants to home-owners for insulation and heating system upgrade works to help make you home more comfortable and cheaper to heat. The scheme is available to all owners of homes built before 2006.
Our Fine Gael-led Government is offering higher grants and cash bonuses if you carry out three or four measures. The grants are also open to previous applicants who may wish to carry out additional works on their homes.
HOW TO APPLY?
Grant approval must be in place before any works commence. For a speedy application and immediate approval, apply online at http://www.seai.ie/betterenergyhomes
To complete the online application form, you will need your:
• Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) which you will find on your electricity bill
• Bank details
• E-mail address
• Chosen registered contractor from the SEAI Registered Contractor List
Alternatively you may apply using the postal application form which is available by calling 1850 927 000 or by going on-line at http://www.seai.ie/betterenergyhomes
You can always contact either myself or local Minister, Paschal Donohoe T.D. and we will provide you with the relevant documentation.
CHOOSING A CONTRACTOR
Before choosing a contractor from the SEAI registered list:
• Talk to friends, family, or neighbours who may have done works recently.
• Shop around, get multiple quotes and compare the offers.
• Check references, talk to previous customers and visit their homes if you can.
• Formalise the relationship by having a contract which details the works, prices, time, payment terms and warranties.
BETTER ENERGY WARMER SCHEME
You or a family member could be eligible for this scheme which provides free energy upgrades in vulnerable homes built before 2006 to make them more comfortable, warmer, healthier and cheaper to run.
The upgrades are free to eligible homeowners in receipt of certain benefits including:
• Fuel Allowance
• Job Seekers Allowance for more than six months and with children under 7 years old.
• Family Income Support
For more information call 1800 250 204 or visit http://www.seai.ie/warmerhomes