I wanted to share with you a further update on the delivery of projects associated with Dublin City Council’s Greening Stoneybatter Plan.
So far, the below projects have been delivered:
- Murals on 1 Ben Edair Roard, 21 Malachi Road, Aughrim Street Scouts Hall and Viking Place.
- Planting projects at Drumalee Green and Stoneybatter Green .
- Constructed pits and planting on Lucky Lane.
- Tree & Herbaceous planting on Arbour Hill.
- New planting at Halliday Square park.
- Alton Lane planting pits .
- Drumalee Tree planting – Cedrus deo. ‘Robusta Glauca’.
- Montpelier Drive entrance planting.
- Tree planting on Harold Road, Ostman Place & Viking Place – complete Week 2, April 2022.
- Montpelier Gardens play pocket park – open end of April 2022.
This year, the following planned projects are being advanced currently through various stages of procurement, including:
- Q2, 2022 – Stoneybatter Green enhanced understorey planting
- Arbour Hill N-S – Rain garden – Tender stage
- Green School zone on Cowper Street – Pretender stage
The Parks Department is currently preparing ideas for new tree planting along:
- Niall Street
- Murtagh Road
- Sigurd Road
- North Fitzwilliam Place
- Montpelier Hill
- Swords Street
Separately, following an on-street meeting earlier this month, Dublin City Council is preparing a proposal for a pocket park on Moira Road.
I understand that the overall feedback has been positive but there is a few concerns regarding the changes in traffic and potential antisocial behaviour, so it was requested that the Parks Department and the Engineering team test the closure prior to implementing a permanent scheme.
As a result, it is now planned to trial this closure for 6 months starting at the end of April by placing 3 planters and the necessary road signage on the Ben Edair and Niall Street ends of Moira Road to close one section only.
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee