Smithfield Planning Matters – October 2021
As your local Fine Gael Councillor, I am working to represent and deal with local and city-wide issues on Dublin City Council. Local Planning and development can, however, have a big impact on our community. I am therefore sharing with you details of the following planning application that may be of interest to you.
LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
77-80 King Street North, Smithfield, Dublin 7, D07 TP22.
KEY POINTS OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
- The demolition of the existing modern extensions to 77 North King Street.
- The total demolition of 78 and 79 North King Street.
- The retention and alteration of the protected structures at 77 and 80 North King Street.
- The construction of a part-3 to part-9 storey hotel development, comprising:
- Linen stores, a luggage store, toilets, and comms room at basement level,
- A lobby, reception area, bar/restaurant facilities (including the retention of the existing Cobblestone bar), toilets, a bar store, housekeeping store, food preparation area, a bin store and switch room at ground floor level,
- Kitchen, and cold storage area, ancillary offices, staff facilities including locker area, a break area and toilet and shower facilities, at first floor level,
- 114-bedrooms arranged over floors 2-9 with maintenance and a cleaner’s storage areas located at third and fourth floor level,
- Plant room located at fifth floor level,
- Lift overrun, plant room and green roofs at roof level.
- The proposal also includes the following works to 77 and 80 North King Street, comprising:
- 77 North King Street:
- New independent structure to be installed to rear and side of existing original house,
- Existing staircase from ground to second floor to be removed,
- New opening to be formed in west elevation (former party wall),
- Existing (non-original) openings in west elevation at first and second floor level to be blocked up and hotel bedrooms with En-Suite bathrooms to be installed at first and second floor level in the Protected Structure.
- 80 North King Street:
- 77 North King Street:
- Existing brick facades (main house and rear outbuilding) to be repaired and restored,
- Stone parapet capping to front and rear of main house to be repaired and restored and new historically accurate timber sliding sash windows with slimline double-glazing to be installed to original window openings front and rear of main house.
- The development also includes SuDS drainage, piped and other services, and all ancillary site development works necessary to facilitate the development.
PLANNING APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Reference Number for this Planning Application is 3617/21.
This planning application was lodged on October 1st last. Should you wish to see the full application it is available online at http://www.DublinCity.ie.
Anyone can lodge an observation on the planning application. If you decide to make an observation, it must be lodged in writing and sent to the Planning Department, Dublin City Council, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 2 inclusive of the €20 fee before November 4th next.
PLANNING APPLICATION INFORMATION MEETING:
As Chairman of the Dublin Central Area Committee, I have arranged a briefing for local residents with officials in the Planning Department of the City Council to outline the particulars of this planning application. If you would be interested in attending this meeting, which will take place on, Thursday October 21st at 2pm, please let me know.
IMAGES OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT:
Arbour Hill, Broadstone, Church Street, City Centre, Constitution Hill, Dublin City Council, Grangegorman, Markets, Montpelier, North Circular Road, Planning, Quays, Rathdown Road, Smithfield, Stoneybatter, Urban Form
raymcadam View All
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee
Leave a Reply