#KNOWWHEREYOUSTAND on proposed #ClonliffeCollege redevelopment – July 2021
CLONLIFFE COLLEGE LANDS PLANNING APPLICATION LODGED:
A planning application proposing to redevelop the former Clonliffe College lands, off Clonliffe Road has been lodged with An Bord Pleanála. This Strategic Housing Development Application submitted to An Bord Pleanála under the Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act 2016. It is proposed as part of this application to demolish a number of buildings on site and construction of 1,614 build-to-rent apartments and including 1 retail unit, 1 café, crèche and associated site works.
Therefore, in this update, I have detailed for you.
- Key aspects of the planning application.
- The relevant administrative details you need to know about the planning application.
- The statutory meeting of City Councillors to consider the planning application.
- The timeframe for a determination to be made in respect of the planning application.
- Some images of the proposed development as presented in the planning application.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE PLANNING APPLICATION:
- Demolition of a number of existing office/former college buildings on site, including the New Wing and Library Wing Buildings.
- Construction of 12 development blocks, ranging in height from 2 to 18 storeys, to provide for 1,614 apartments as a Build To Rent scheme, comprising:
- 540x studio apartments,
- 603x 1-bedroom apartments,
- 418x 2-bedroom apartments,
- 53x 3-bedroom apartments.
- The breakdown of apartment numbers per development block is as follows:
- Block A1 is a 4 – 8 storey building, including setbacks, balconies and terraces, accommodating 305x apartments,
- Block A2 is a 7-storey building, including setbacks and balconies, accommodating 73x apartments,
- Block A3 is an 8-storey building, including setbacks and balconies, accommodating 87x apartments,
- Block A4 is a 6 – 13 storey building, including setbacks, balconies and terraces, accommodating 104x apartments,
- Block B1 is a 5 – 6 storey building, including setbacks and balconies, accommodating 92x apartments,
- Block B2 is a 6 – 8 storey building, including setbacks and balconies, accommodating 137x apartments,
- Block B3 is a 5 – 6 storey building, including setbacks and balconies, accommodating 80x apartments,
- Block C1 is a 6 – 8 storey building, including setbacks and balconies, accommodating 146x apartments,
- Block C2 is a 5 – 7 storey building, including setbacks and balconies, accommodating 96x apartments,
- Block D1 is an 18-storey building, including setbacks, balconies and terraces, accommodating 151x apartments,
- Block D2 is an 4 – 8 storey building, including setbacks and balconies, accommodating 239x apartments,
- The Seminary Building and South Link Building (E1&E2) are existing Protected Structures of 2 – 4 storeys with a proposed 5-storey extension to the rear of the Seminary Building and conversion of both buildings to accommodate 104x apartments including balconies.
- Works to Protected Structures located on the development site, including:
- The Seminary Building,
- The South Link Building,
- Holy Cross Chapel,
- The Assembly Hall,
- The Ambulatory,
- Drumcondra Rd Boundary Wall Entrance.
- 25% of the development site will be retained for public open space,
- A creche, retail unit and café space are provided as part of the application,
- 508x car-parking spaces,
- 2507x bicycle parking spaces,
- Vehicular access to be retained along with pedestrian and cyclist access at the junction of Clonliffe Road and Jones’ Road.
- Additional vehicular access to be provided at thr junction of Drumcondra Road Lower and Hollybank Road.
- New pedestrian and cyclist access to the development site via Holy Cross Avenue.
PLANNING REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Case Number assigned by An Bord Pleanála to this planning application is 310860-21. Make sure to include this case number in any submission you wish to make on the application.
PLANNING REGISTRATION DETAILS:
Officials in An Bord Pleanála have advised me that this planning application was lodged on July 16th, 2021. This follows on from the Board’s decision that the application is compliant with the SHD process. Should you wish to see the full application and all documentation submitted to An Bord Pleanála, it is available online at http://www.holycrosscollegeshd.ie. If you wish to lodge an observation on the planning application, it should be lodged in writing to Strategic Housing Unit, An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 inclusive of the €20 fee on or before August 19th next. You can now also submit an observation on the application online via http://www.pleanala.ie/shd/applications/SHD_Obs_Online.htm. To do this, YOU MUST submit your Name and Address and have the submission lodged before 5.30pm on August 19th next.
STATUTORY MEETING INVOLVING CITY COUNCILLORS:
Part of the planning process under which this application has been submitted involves a statutory meeting of the Central Area Committee of Dublin City Council. As Chairman of the Dublin Central Area Committee of Dublin City Council, I am convening a meeting of the Committee to discuss this SHD planning application at 9am on Thursday, July 29th next. Officials from the Planning Department will present the planning application to Councillors. We will then have an opportunity to make comments and contribute to the formal Chief Executive’s Report that will be submitted to An Bord Pleanála as part of the determination process. Therefore, as your local Councillor, I will have the opportunity to input directly into the submission of Dublin City Council.
WHEN IS A DECISION DUE TO BE MADE ON THIS PLANNING APPLICATION?
An Bord Pleanála is requested under the Planning & Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act, 2016 to set an indicative date upon which a final decision is to be made as to whether planning permission is approved or not. I expect a decision to be made on this planning application by November 4th, 2021.
DO YOU WANT FURTHER INFORMATION?
I hope this information is of assistance to you but do contact me if you have any specific questions or queries arising from the details provided by emailing me at RayMcAdam@gmail.com.
Ballybough, City Centre, Clonliffe Road, Drumcondra, Dublin City Council, Housing, North Strand, Planning, Transportation, Urban Form
raymcadam View All
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee
Leave a Reply