#PhoenixPark #NorthRoad closure for upgrade works
It is planned that the North Road in the Phoenix Park (parallel to Blackhorse Avenue) between Ratra House and Garda Head Quarters, will be resurfaced along with the footpaths.
The works will take place form Monday 12 April until Friday 18 June 2021.
This section of road is in very poor condition, is considered dangerous and represents a hazard.
The project involves the removal and disposal of existing road surface and relaying of new road surface, taking up, cleaning and relaying of existing granite kerbs and the removal and disposal of existing footpath and relaying of new footpath surface.
Other ancillary works will include installation of traffic calming ramps along the 2.5 kilometre stretch of road.
These works are entirely unrelated to any proposals included In the recently published Phoenix Park Transport and Mobility Options Report.
What is the planned access routes during these works?
- There will be no access for pedestrians, cyclists or vehicles to the area of the North Road from Ratra House to Garda Head Quarters for the duration of the works.
- The Cabra Gate, Grangegorman Gate and other pedestrian gates along the works route will remain closed for the duration of these works.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at the Hole in the Wall Gate and North Circular Road Gate.
- OPW and the appointed contractor will have traffic management in place with diversions
- The Odd Lamp Road will open for the duration of these On approach to the Ratra House area of the Park, traffic will be diverted onto Odd Lamp Road across to Chesterfield Avenue.
- No traffic will be permitted to travel from Garda Head Quarters in a westerly direction. This traffic will be diverted to Chesterfield Avenue at Fountain Road
- Local access will be maintained for those working in Garda Head Quarters, McKee Barracks, Dublin Zoo and those living along the route.
Arbour Hill, Broadstone, Church Street, City Centre, Constitution Hill, Dublin City Council, Fine Gael, Grangegorman, Markets, Montpelier, North Circular Road, Phibsborough, Rathdown Road, Smithfield, Stoneybatter
raymcadam View All
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee
Leave a Reply