Housing & Planning Matters – North Great Charles Street
I write to make you aware of a planning application that has been submitted to Dublin City Council by CLUID HOUSING to build new homes on the currently vacant site along North Great CHARLES STREET.
Given the need for more homes to be built and ensuring that you know what housing projects are being advanced through the planning process, I wanted to make sure, as your LOCAL Councillor, that you had all the information available about the details of this planning application.
LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
49-53 North Great Charles Street, Dublin 1, Located at the junction of Great Charles Street / Charles Lane / Tyrrell Place.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE PLANNING APPLICATION:
- Demolition of existing derelict structures comprising multiple interconnected one and two storey buildings of various age;
- Removal of existing vehicular entrances at North Great Charles Street and at Tyrrells Places;
- Removal of security gates and railings at the site perimeter.
- Construction of two apartment blocks ranging in height between 3 and 6 storeys.
- Comprising 52 apartments, including: 28x 1 bedroom apartments and 24x 2 bedroom apartments
- Upper floor apartments will have balconies onto Great Charles Street, Charles Lane, and Tyrrell Place.
- Ground floor apartments will have enclosed front yards and private terraces to the rear which adjoin the shared courtyard garden.
- 76x Bicycle parking spaces for householders.
- 22x Visitor cycle spaces.
- Pedestrian/cyclist access to the development will be on Charles Lane.
- Ground floor apartments located along public street will have own door access from the street.
- Construction of a new ESB substation and switchroom adjacent to an existing ESB kiosk to the northern corner of site.
- Carrying out of associated site works, works to existing footpaths/kerbs, and landscaping works.
- Replacement of existing railings at the boundary to Pavee Point (a Protected Structure, RPS Ref: 1370 ‘The Free Church’), railings which are positioned within the development site and outside the curtilage of that structure.
PLANNING APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Reference Number for this Planning Application is 2017/21.
This planning application was lodged on January 8th last. Should you wish to see the full application it is available online at http://www.DublinCity.ie.
Anyone can lodge an observation on the planning application. If you decide to make an observation, it must be lodged in writing and sent to the Planning Department, Dublin City Council, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 2 inclusive of the €20 fee before February 11th 2021.
SECURE AN UPDATE ON YOUR HOUSING APPLICATION:
Dublin City Council Housing applicants can now check the status of their application online at http://www.DublinCity.ie/HousingOnline. Alternatively, I can secure an update on your behalf. Simply email me at RayMcAdam@gmail.com.
Ballybough, City Centre, Clonliffe Road, Dublin City Council, Fine Gael, Housing, North Circular Road, North Strand, Planning, Smithfield
raymcadam View All
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee
Leave a Reply