2020 Progress Report
Given the success to date of the Greening Strategy for the North-East Inner City which is a central part of the Government’s Inner City Initiative, I sought a progress report from the North-East Inner City Programme Office for the 2020 list of works.
Therefore, I can advise you of the following works that have taken place, progress currently being made and projects that the pandemic has impacted;
- Kings Avenue – Biodiversity Garden – Complete.
- Annesley Avenue greening intervention–Currently out to Tender.
- Spring Garden Street Tree planting – Consultation commenced (now on hold).
- Gloucester Place Plaza – Construction Complete, final planting in November.
- St. Mary’s Mansions – main entrance landscaping – Complete.
- Seville Place Plaza – Currently on site, complete in November.
- O’Connell’s Secondary School – Currently on site, complete in November.
- Mountjoy Parade – Currently on site, complete in November.
- Belvedere Plaza remedial works – Complete.
- Sean MacDermott Street tree planting – On Site in November.
- Summerhill Central Median landscaping – Currently on site, complete in November.
- Adopt a tree – Postponed due to Covid-19 (Public engagement based project)
- Forth Road, Greening Intervention – Public Consultation complete, Currently out to Tender.
- Diamond Park re-development – Part 8 Planning Application (Live).
- Liberty Park re-development – pre-design consultation process on-going.
As has been the case in recent years, new projects for 2021 will be selected by the Parks and Landscape Services Department of Dublin City Council to bring forward to the NEIC Project Implementation Board for approval in 2021, following receipt of the €6.5m for the next year.
If you have any questions or queries arising from the details of the projects being advanced on behalf of the communities of the North Inner City, please email me at RayMcAdam@gmail.com.
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee