In March, local Councillors approved the Dublin Central Footpath and Roads Maintenance Programme for 2020. This month, I secured a progress report on the works undertaken to date, as a result of direct funding of €885,000 from Fine Gael in Government, as part of the July Stimulus Plan. Substantial progress can be reported on the Roads improvement programme for this year and I have detailed what streets have been completed and what remains to be re-surfaced.
ROADS Improvement Works
· North Frederick Street, Dublin 1 – COMPLETE
· Cavendish Row, Dublin 1 – To be completed by November 13th next.
· Parnell Square East, Dublin 1 – To be completed by November 13th next.
· Constitution Hill / Church Street Upper, Dublin 7 – Additional Contract – COMPLETE
· North Wall Quay / East Wall Road roundabout, Dublin 3 – To be completed by end of November.
· Commons Street, Dublin 1 – To be completed by end of November.
· Shandon Crescent & Shandon Park, Dublin 7 – deferred due to local objections.
· Blackhorse Avenue, Dublin 7 – COMPLETE
· Nerney’s Court / Kelly’s Row, Dublin 1 – COMPLETE
· Iona Road, Dublin 9 – COMPLETE
· St. Patrick’s Avenue, North Strand – COMPLETE
· Skreen Road, Dublin 7 – COMPLETE
· Belvedere Avenue, Dublin 1 – COMPLETE
· Richmond Lane, Dublin 1 – COMPLETE
· Bessborough Avenue, North Strand – COMPLETE
· St. Brigid’s Avenue, North Strand – COMPLETE
· Murtagh Road, Stoneybatter – COMPLETE
· Blackhall Place, Stoneybatter – To be completed by November 13th next.
FOOTPATHS Improvement Works
The footpaths contract commenced in mid-September following the provision of Government funding. Charleville Road in Phibsborough is nearly completed at this stage with 70% of the necessary works complete along Leix Road, Imaal Road and Fertullagh Road in Cabra. Footpaths on the following streets will be repaired or rebuilt across the coming weeks, including;
· Summerhill, Dublin 1.
· Blackhorse Avenue, Dublin 7 (fronting the Hole in the Wall pub).
· North Quays (various locations between Wolfe Tone Quay and Bachelor’s Walk).
· Violet Hill Road, Dublin 11.
· Ratra Park & Ratra Road, Dublin 7.
· Drumcondra Road Upper, Dublin 9.
· Dalcassian Downs, Dublin 11.
· Great Western Square, Phibsborough.
· Caledon Road, East Wall.
· St. Mary’s Road, East Wall.
· Church Road, East Wall.
Arbour Hill, Ballybough, Broadstone, Church Street, City Centre, Clonliffe Road, Constitution Hill, Drumcondra, Dublin City Council, East Wall, Fine Gael, Grangegorman, Markets, Montpelier, North Circular Road, North Strand, North Wall, Phibsborough, Quays, Rathdown Road, Smithfield, Stoneybatter, Transportation
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Leader, Fine Gael, Dublin City Council
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee