Given the interest and concern expressed previously when an application for planning permission was sought on the former MotorValu site on Prussia Street, I wanted to notify you of details of the latest planning application seeking development along Prussia Street.
WHAT PLANNING PROCESS IS INVOLVED?
Prussia Properties Ltd submitted an application with An Bord Pleanála on May 27th last for planning permission for a strategic housing development under the Planning & Development (Strategic Housing Development) Regulations 2017 as provided for under the Planning & Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act, 2016.
LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
29b, 30 & /31, Prussia Street, Stoneybatter, Dublin 7.
KEY POINTS OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
- Demolition of industrial sheds/workshops located on the site;
- Construction of a mixed-use development ranging in height from 5 storeys over basement fronting Prussia Street to 8 storeys towards the rear boundary adjoining TU Dublin Grangegorman Campus;
- The development will consist of 4 no. blocks providing 296 no. student bed spaces and a retail unit at ground floor fronting Prussia Street;
- Student amenities at basement and lower ground floor level to include:
- Communal Area;
- Study Rooms;
- Lecture Theatre/Cinema;
- Laundry Room;
- Provision of external amenity space at podium level above ground floor level between each of the blocks;
- Vehicular access from Prussia Street for services and emergency vehicles only;
- Creation of new internal street providing pedestrian and cycle access from Prussia Street to the TU Dublin Grangegorman Campus through an opening in the boundary wall (Protected Structure);
- Provision of bicycle parking in a designated bicycle store and in bicycle racks all located at surface level;
- Landscaping, boundary treatments, retail signage, ESB substation and all associated site works and services.
PLANNING REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Case No. assigned by An Bord Pleanála to this planning application is 307236.
PLANNING REGSITRATION DETAILS:
Officials in An Bord Pleanála have advised me that this planning application was lodged on May 27th 2020. Should you wish to see the full application and all documentation submitted to An Bord Pleanála, it is available online at http://www.prussia.ie. Should you wish to lodge an observation on the planning application, it should be lodged in writing to Strategic Housing Unit, An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 inclusive of the €20 fee on or before June 30th, 2020.
WHEN IS A DECISION DUE TO BE MADE ON THIS PLANNING APPLICATION?
An Bord Pleanála is requested under the Planning & Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act, 2016 to set an indicative date upon which a final decision is to be made as to whether planning permission is approved or not. A decision is expected to be made on this planning application by September 15th, 2020.
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee