Given the interest and concern expressed previously when an application for planning permission was sought on the former Christian Brothers lands at 274 North Circular Road, I wanted to notify you of details of the latest planning application for the redevelopment of the Nolan Seafoods site to the rear of homes on Rathdown Road.
WHAT PLANNING PROCESS IS INVOLVED?
NTM ROI Seed Capital LP submitted an application with An Bord Pleanála on October 10th last for planning permission for a strategic housing development under the Planning & Development (Strategic Housing Development) Regulations 2017 as provided for under the Planning & Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act, 2016.
LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
Nolan Seafoods Ltd, Rathdown Road, Dublin 7.
KEY POINTS OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
• Demolition of existing buildings on the site and the construction of purpose built student accommodation development, comprising:
o 289x student bed-spaces within two separate development blocks.
• Block A is proposed to be 3x storeys high, comprising:
o 88x student bed-spaces
o 191.5 square metres of amenity space.
• Block B is to be 8x storeys high, inclusive of an enclosed plant which is to be located adjacent to the Grangegorman LUAS stop, in total, comprising:
o 201x student bed-spaces
o 347 square metres of amenity space.
• 6x Disabled access bed-spaces to be provided within the proposed development.
• The proposed development also includes:
o Central Courtyard,
o Roof Terrace
o TV & Study areas
o Cinema Room
o Lounge Areas
• 90x Bicycle Parking spaces to be located across the proposed development site.
• Pedestrian access to the redevelopment to be located at the Northern end of the site.
• Planned upgrade of the access laneway from Rathdown Road and provision of a pedestrian access route.
PLANNING REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Case No. assigned by An Bord Pleanála to this planning application is 302749.
PLANNING REGSITRATION DETAILS:
Officials in An Bord Pleanála have advised me that this planning application was lodged on October 10th 2018. Should you wish to see the full application and all documentation submitted to An Bord Pleanála, it is available online at http://www.highfieldparkshd.com. Should you wish to lodge an observation on the planning application, it should lodged in writing to Strategic Housing Unit, An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 inclusive of the €20 fee on or before November 13th 2018.
WHEN IS A DECISION DUE TO BE MADE ON THIS PLANNING APPLICATION?
An Bord Pleanála is requested under the Planning & Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act, 2016 to set an indicative date upon which a final decision is to be made as to whether planning permission is approved or not. A decision is expected to be made on this planning application by February 7th, 2019.