New online system to apply for a medical card – McAdam
The HSE has launched a new National Medical Card online service, http://www.medicalcard.ie.
This new service enables people to apply online for a Medical Card quickly and easily using a user friendly step by step process, a Fine Gael Councillor has said.
Councillor Ray McAdam believes the streamlining of applications will greatly benefit those who need medical cards here in the North Inner City.
“Users can find out if they are eligible for a Medical Card immediately, and if they are, their application will be processed in 15 working days.
“This online service conveniently allows applicants to scan and upload documents and other information, and no longer requires a visit to a GP to stamp paper forms.
“This new, streamlined service will bring great benefits for people in terms of turnaround times, convenience and security.
“Fine Gael is committed to proactively support families in the North Inner City from our early days to our seniors years and to focus on prevention rather than intervention,” Councillor McAdam said.
Benefits of new National Medical Card Online service:
1. The online system guides you through each step of the application process.
2. Applicants can submit all supporting documentation digitally, including photographs of relevant material.
3. Your GP will be able to accept you onto their panel via the online system.
4. If the HSE needs to contact you about your application, they can email instead of writing to you.
5. When you have submitted your financial details as part of the online application, the HSE will tell you straight away if you qualify for a medical card.
6. Complete application will be processed in 15 working days.
Minister for Health Simon Harris said: “This is a very welcome new development by the HSE and is part of the ongoing streamlining and modernisation of the operation of the medical card scheme.
“Under the new system people will be able to make an online application for a medical card, which is faster and more convenient than the current paper based system.
“This puts the applicant at the centre of the process and I am sure will, in time, become the preferred method of application for many applicants, both first time and those seeking a renewal. I would urge anyone who needs to apply for a medical card to log on to the new system and see how easy it is.”
Arbour Hill, Ballybough, Church Street, City Centre, Clonliffe Road, East Wall, Fine Gael, Montpelier, North Circular Road, North Strand, North Wall, Phibsborough, Quays, Smithfield, Stoneybatter
raymcadam View All
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee
Leave a Reply