ALDBOROUGH HOUSE PLANNING UPDATE (3457/17)
This is a site and building that has lay derelict for too many years. It has been the subject off and the magnet for anti-social and criminal behaviour in the area. I welcome the fact that plans have now been lodged for the redevelopment of this site. However, as with any planning application, I will be studying it carefully and will work with local residents to ensure the best possible development is approved by Dublin City Council.
LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
Aldborough House, Portland Row, Dublin 1.
KEY POINTS OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
The development will consist of:
1. An office development of total gross floor area 14720 sq.m. on a site of 0.4840 ha, bounded by Portland Row Killarney Street, Empress Place and Killarney Court.
2. The demolition of ancillary structures ( 435 sq.m), including former theatre, security hut and boundary wall to public road;
3. Taking down, removal and storage of existing 19th century guard house ( 74 sq.m) to enable its future re-erection elsewhere;
4. Conservation and restoration of exterior and interior for use as main entrance and offices of eighteenth-century, three storey over lower ground floor, Aldborough House a Protected Structure (2005 sq.m), in addition to:
a. Formation of a new mezzanine office floor in the house ( 135sq.m);
b. Conservation and restoration of existing south pavilion screen, at lower and upper ground levels, as office accommodation ( 165 sq.m);
c. Construction of a new north pavilion screen to match existing south pavilion screen, at lower and upper ground levels, as office accommodation ( 165 sq.m)
d. Conservation and restoration of existing south pavilion screen, at lower and upper ground levels, as office accommodation (165sq.m);
e. Construction of a new north pavilion screen to match existing south pavilion screen, at lower and upper ground levels, as office accommodation ( 165 sq.m);
5. Two new office wings, five storeys over two level basement, with screened plant area on roof, to south and north flanks of Aldborough House, also accommodating stair and lift cores to serve the new and existing development, with glazed links to the existing house:
a. Wing ‘ A ‘ 6590 sq.m of which 4809 sq.m above ground:
b. Wing ‘ B ‘ 3434 sq.m of which 2391 sq.m above ground.
6. Lower ground floor level link to rear of existing house, containing canteen, kitchen and office space ( 727 sq.m);
7. Basement link on two levels to rear of existing house (239 sq.m), and two levels of office (1260 sq.m ) under forecourt to front of house;
8. Remodelling and landscaping of the forecourt to Aldborough House, with basement areas, light wells, steps, terrace and new paving;
9. Set back front boundary with street trees, reinstated and new railings, stone piers and gateway;
10. Landscaped non accessible green to rear of house at upper ground level ( 568 sq.m)
11. Landscaped accessible area to side of house at upper ground level ( 186 sq.m);
12. Parking for 36 cars and 156 bicycles at lower basement level;
13. Vehicle lifts to serve parking areas, with entrance from Killarney Street and exit via Empress Place;
14. Plant rooms and other ancillary areas, including waste storage, to basement levels and screened plant enclosure to roofs of Wings ‘ A’ and ‘ B ‘;
15. All enabling and development works and ancillary development, including landscaping, elevational treatments, lighting, signage and associated site excavation, infrastructural and site development works above and below ground including changes in level. Boundary treatments and services.
PLANNING REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Planning reference number is 3457/17.
This planning application was lodged on July 19th 2017. Should you wish to see the full details of the application it is available online at http://www.dublincity.ie.
In the event that you decide to lodge an observation with the City Council, it should be lodged in writing to the Planning Department, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 2 inclusive of the €20 fee before August 22nd 2017. I am also arranging a briefing session for local residents with officils in the Planning Department of the City Council to outline the particulars of this planning application. If you would be interested in attending such a briefing, please let me know.
City Centre, Dublin City Council, North Circular Road, North Wall, Planning
raymcadam View All
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee
Leave a Reply