The Big Tree Planning Application (2951/17)
LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
493-511, North Circular Road, and 39-41A Dorset Street Lower (The Big Tree), Dublin 1.
KEY POINTS OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
• Construction of 3 & 4 storey building onto Dorset Street Lower and part 4 & 6 storey building onto the North Circular Road.
• Demolition of existing 2x storey terrace building at 41 – 41A Dorset Street Lower.
• New building to comprise part 3 & 4 storey building onto Dorset Street, adjacent to The Big Tree.
• Demolition of single storey building at 511 North Circular Road.
• Construction of 161x bed space student accommodation complex.
• Provision of 80x bicycle parking spaces.
• Access to student accommodation complex via the North Circular Road.
• Student accommodation complex to include:
o Indoor ancillary services for occupants
o Screening room
o Management office
o Study room
o Common room
PLANNING REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Planning reference number is 2951/17.
This planning application was lodged on May 18th 2017. Should you wish to see the full application it is available online at http://www.dublincity.ie. The summary above is only a brief outline of some of the particulars of the application and not an exhaustive list.
Should you wish to submit an objection, please submit your objection in writing to the Planning Department, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 2 inclusive of the €20 fee before June 21st 2017.
I am also arranging for a briefing for local residents with officials in the Planning Department of the City Council to outline the particulars of this planning application. If you would be interested in attending such a briefing, please let me know.