A formal planning application has been lodged by Prussia Properties & Viridis Real Estate Services to An Bord Pleanála requesting planning permission to redevelop 29b – 31 Prussia Street, Stoneybatter, Dublin 7.
This application has been lodged with An Bord Pleanála as a Strategic Housing Development under the terms of the Planning & Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act, 2016. I have outlined some of the main features of the planning application below:
- Demolition of existing industrial sheds/workshops located on-site.
- Construction of a student accommodation development, providing 236 student bedspaces, across three development blocks.
- Proposed building heights ranging from 5-storeys fronting Prussia Street to 7-storeys over lower ground floor level towards the rear boundary adjoining the TU Dublin Grangegorman Campus.
- The proposed development will also include a reception area and office at ground floor level of Block A.
- Vehicular access will be provided from Prussia Street for services and emergency vehicles only.
- Creation of a new internal street providing pedestrian and cycle access from Prussia Street to the TU Dublin Grangegorman Campus through an opening in the boundary wall to the east.
- Landscaping, boundary treatments, signage, bin storage, ESB Substation and all associated works and all associated site works necessary to facilitate the development.
I have attached below some images that have been provided as part of the application documentation:
As required by An Bord Pleanála, the applicant has prepared a dedicated website which contains all the documentation submitted as part of the application for the public to access. You can find this information at http://www.prussia.ie/index.html.
Over the next five weeks there is likely to be opportunities for local householders and residents to engage and learn more about the specifics of the proposals put forward and how you can have your say. I will endeavour to keep you updated of these events and how you can access them.
If you have any specific questions or queries arising from the details outlined above of available on the dedicated redevelopment website (http://www.prussia.ie/index.html), please contact me at RayMcAdam@gmail.com.
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee