Plans being developed by the Health Services Executive (HSE) to adapt Adelphi House for use as a community facility for young people with an intellectual disability, physical sensory disability or have autism have been lodged with Dublin City Council.
A formal application seeking permission to refurbish Adelphi House for these purposes was lodged with Dublin City Council on May 6th last. The application includes a request to:
- Re-use of the existing protected structure, which is a detached 5-bay two storey over basement house.
- And to facilitate alterations from an existing vacant derelict dwelling to a community dwelling.
The community dwelling is for individuals with a diagnosis of intellectual disability, physical sensory disability or autism. The adaptive re-use of Adelphi House will provide respite accommodation for young adults and will include dining areas, staff facilities and a new controlled entrance area with new extension at ground level to facilitate lift core and new glazed lobby area.
The development will also consist of:
- an additional 18m2 of floor area.
- material change of use of an existing single storey derelict rear mews building, including a proposed extension of the rear mews to provide a new day hub facility. The day hub facility is for the support of individuals with a diagnosis of intellectual disability, physical sensory disability or autism. With an additional 22m2 of floor area from original mews.
The development will also include:
- private respite garden with access control and sensory garden area.
- And all ancillary and associated site works.
The Planning Application Reference Number is 2733/21.
This planning application was lodged on May 6th last. Should you wish to see the full application it is available online at http://www.DublinCity.ie.
Anyone can lodge an observation on the planning application. If you decide to make an observation, it must be lodged in writing and sent to the Planning Department, Dublin City Council, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 2 inclusive of the €20 fee before June 9th, 2021.
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee