Docklands Planning Matters – February 2021
This afternoon, the Central Area Committee of Dublin City Council meets to examine and consider three separate Strategic Housing Development applications in Phibsborough, Rathborne and in the Docklands.
Waterside Block 9 Developments Ltd submitted an application with An Bord Pleanála on January 29th last for planning permission for a strategic housing development under the Planning & Development (Strategic Housing Development) Regulations 2017 as provided for under the Planning & Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act, 2016.
LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
City Block 9, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE PLANNING APPLICATION:
- Construction of 1,005 No. residential units arranged in three development blocks ranging in height from 8 storeys to 45 storeys over a triple-level basement (including mezzanine plant level).
- The development would comprise the following;
- Block A: 8-14 storeys (including roof level terrace and extended access core);
- Block B: 8-41 storeys (including roof level terrace and extended access core);
- Block C: 11-45 storeys (including roof level terrace and extended access core);
- The development would include:
- 176x car parking spaces;
- 10x motorcycle parking spaces and
- 1,693x bicycle parking spaces, with vehicular access provided by ramp from North Wall Avenue.
- Provision of 4,307 sq m of “other uses” comprising:
- A childcare facility;
- An indoor Farmers’ Market/Foodhall;
- 3 No. café units;
- At the upper floors of Block C, the development would include the following:
- A restaurant located at Level 32;
- Office use from Levels 41 to 43;
- A public bar / function room located at Level 44.
- In total, the number of residential units to be provided in this development is 1005, including:
- 495x 1 bed (49.2%)
- 507x 2 bed (50.4%)
- 3×3 Bed (0.3%)
I have attached below some images that have been shared with Councillors by the Planning Department.
PLANNING REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Case No. assigned by An Bord Pleanála to this planning application is 309316/21. Make sure to include this case number in any submission you wish to make on the application.
PLANNING REGSITRATION DETAILS:
Officials in An Bord Pleanála have advised me that this planning application was lodged on January 29th 2021. Should you wish to see the full application and all documentation submitted to An Bord Pleanála, it is available online at http://www.waterfrontsouthcentralshd.ie. Should you wish to lodge an observation on the planning application, it should be lodged in writing to Strategic Housing Unit, An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 inclusive of the €20 fee on or before March 4th 2021. You can now also submit an observation on the application online via http://www.pleanala.ie/shd/applications/SHD_Obs_Online.htm.
WHEN IS A DECISION DUE TO BE MADE ON THIS PLANNING APPLICATION?
An Bord Pleanála is requested under the Planning & Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act, 2016 to set an indicative date upon which a final decision is to be made as to whether planning permission is approved or not. A decision is expected to be made on this planning application by May 20th, 2021.
Given the level in this particular application, I would welcome your feedback.
City Centre, Dublin City Council, East Wall, Housing, North Strand, North Wall, Planning, Quays, Urban Form
raymcadam View All
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee
Leave a Reply