In May 2018 the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Michael Ring TD, announced a new €4.5m capital grants scheme. The scheme is focused on providing capital grants to local community groups, not for profit organisations and State departments or agencies. The Minister has allocated €212,306 under the scheme to Dublin City.
The Programme in Dublin City is being administered by the Dublin City Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) and Dublin City Council.
To apply, groups must:
- Applications must be for capital projects or work taking place within the Dublin City Council area.
- Applications from local community and voluntary groups, not-for-profit organisations will be considered.
- Government Departments and State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding) will also be considered.
- Commercial organisations, individuals and for-profit organisations are not eligible for funding under this Programme.
- Only completed applications submitted on time (30th July 2018) and on the official Dublin City Community Enhancement Programme Application Form 2018 will be considered.
The Programme will offer grants on a scale as follows:
Capital grant of up to €1,000 Capital grant of €1,000 – €5,000 Capital grant of €5,000 – €10,000 Capital grant of €10,000 – €15,000
€65,000 of the total fund has been ring fenced for grants of up to €1,000.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30th July 2018.