Two planning applications that have been lodged by the Grangegorman Development Agency to Dublin City Council.
The first relates to the provision of a new school facility for Dublin 7 Educate Together National School on the campus. The second application relates to plans to redesign and provide a new layout for the Orchard Terrace and Rathdown Road / Grangegorman Lower junction. I have outlined below details of both applications, when they were lodged, the deadline for submissions and how additional information can be secured.
DUBLIN 7 EDUCATE TOGETHER NATIONAL SCHOOL
The planning application was lodged with Dublin City Council by the Grangegorman Development Agency on April 25th last. This application complies with the revised Grangegorman SDZ Planning Scheme, originally adopted by the City Council in 2009. The reference number for this application is GSDZ2835/18.
The main features of this planning application include:
• Two separate building blocks will be developed, one of which will be a teaching block and the second being a general purpose block.
◦ The Teaching Block will include:
▪ 4x Storeys over lower ground level.
▪ 24x Classrooms.
▪ 2x Special Needs Units.
▪ 3x Special Education Rooms.
▪ Resource rooms, storage, staff offices and shower facilities.
◦ The General Purpose Block will include:
▪ 2x storeys.
▪ 2x general purpose rooms.
▪ External rooftop ball court enclosed by perforated metal screen.
▪ Multiple external play areas.
▪ Bin storage area and boiler house.
▪ Modifications to existing Grangegorman boundary wall is a protected structure.
▪ 1x main pedestrian access.
▪ 1x pedestrian day gate.
▪ 145x Cycle Parking & 115x scooter parking stands.
▪ Playground north of school site.
The deadline for submissions to be made to the Planning Department of Dublin City Council is May 29th 2018. If you have any particular questions or queries arising from the information outlined about the proposed new school buildings for Dublin 7 Educate Together National School, please contact me at email@example.com.
PUBLIC REALM REFURBISHMENT & REALIGNMENT
Unusually, an application has been submitted by the Grangegorman Development Agency to the Planning Department of Dublin City Council for the refurbishment and realignment of the public space at the junction of Rathdown Road and Orchard Terrace. This planning application will involve changes to the public road way, footpaths and car parking spaces. The application was lodged with the Planning Department of the City Council on April 25th last. The reference number for this application is GSDZ2834/18.
The main features of this application including:
• Removal of existing one-way left turn slip lane to Orchard Terrace.
• Construction of new raised pedestrian shared surface on Grangegorman Lower with 2x uncontrolled pedestrian crossings.
• 1x pedestrian crossing on Rathdown Road with new road surface and markings.
• Existing parking will be removed within the junction
• Creation of new public plaza with set down area for mobility impaired vehicles
• Bicycle parking spaces.
The deadline for submissions to be made to the Planning Department of Dublin City Council is May 29th 2018. Should you wish to secure additional information about this planning application, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can ensure this documentation or clarification is shared with you well before the end of the statutory consultation phase.