LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
Site at 34/35 & 36/37, Ormond Quay Lower (formerly known as Zanzibar/Bondi Beach Club),& rear 31 Ormond Quay Lower & rear 25-28 Great Strand Street (incl. 28A, 29 ,30 & 31 Great Strand St., Dublin 1.
KEY POINTS OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
• Demolition of existing buildings at 28A, 29,30 and 31 Great Strand Street and structures to the rear of 36/37 Ormond Quay Lower comprising of modern extensions to the protected structures.
• Construction of 165x bed Apart hotel development, comprising:
o Meeting Rooms
o Staff Facilities
o Cafe / Bar / Restaurant
• Refurbishment and change of use of 34/35 and 36/37 Ormond Quay Lower to Apart hotel use.
• Works to theses protected structures include internal upgrade works, including:
o Removal of roller shutters and reinstatement of shop fronts;
o Replacement windows with approved Victorian and Georgian window details;
o Cleaning repointing and repair of facade;
o Roof repair;
o Removal of existing timber fascia bands, signage, fixings and wired services.
• Additional Apart hotel accommodation to be provided in two no. new blocks to the rear of 34/35 and 36/37 Ormond Quay Lower extending from 6 to 7 storeys separated from the protected structures by an internal courtyard.
• Partial demolition of existing basement and refurbishment of remainder under buildings 28A Great Strand Street and 34/35 Ormond Quay Lower to be utilised for storage. Existing cellar vaults to be kept in situ for storage purposes.
• Service access to the Apart hotel is provided via the existing laneway off Great Strand Street. Relocation of existing substation to the north elevation.
• Roof terraces provided at 6th floor level on the southern elevation of the proposed new block to the rear of the protected structures. Balconies provided at ground and first floor level on the northern elevation. Non accessible green roofs at 1st 5th and 6th floor levels .
PLANNING REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Planning reference number is 3219/17.
This planning application was lodged on June 21st 2017. Should you wish to see the full application it is available online at http://www.dublincity.ie. The summary above is only a brief outline of some of the particulars of the application and not an exhaustive list.
Should you wish to submit an objection, please submit your objection in writing to the Planning Department, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 2 inclusive of the €20 fee before July 25th 2017.
I am also arranging for a briefing for local residents with officials in the Planning Department of the City Council to outline the particulars of this planning application. If you would be interested in attending such a briefing, please let me know.