Local Planning and development can however, have a big impact on our community. The following planning application that may be of interest to you.
LOCATION OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
Former Motor Valu site at 84 – 87 Prussia Street, including the lands to the rear of the building.
KEY POINTS OF PLANNING APPLICATION:
- Demolition of existing single storey commercial building.
- Construction of a purpose built student accommodation centre, comprising of:
- 203 bed spaces in 32 separate accommodation units throughout the site.
- Each development block will vary in height between one and four storeys high.
- It is proposed that a four storey building (3 storey plus 4th storey set-back) will from onto Prussia Street.
- It is suggested that the complex be used for student accommodation connected with a Higher Education Institute during the academic year.
- It is further proposed that it could be used for tourist / visitor accommodation during academic year holiday periods.
- Outdoor amenity areas are to be provided throughout the site.
- Other services to be provided include Lounge, Gym, Concierge and social room
- Ground floor laundry room, bin store areas, etc.
- 3x set-down / drop off car parking spaces to be provided.
- 120x sheltered bicycle parking spaces also to be included.
- Access to the development will be via controlled pedestrian access from Prussia Street.
PLANNING REFERENCE NUMBER:
The Planning reference number is 4035/16.
This planning application was lodged on November 2nd 2016. Should you wish to see the full application it is available online at http://www.dublincity.ie.
Should you wish to submit an objection, please submit your objection in writing to the Planning Department, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 2 inclusive of the €20 fee before December 6th 2016. I am also arranging for a briefing for local residents with officials in the Planning Department of the City Council to outline the particulars of this planning application. If you would be interested in attending such a briefing, please let me know.
If you or your family have any questions or queries arising from the details provided above, please contact me at email@example.com.
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Leader, Fine Gael, Dublin City Council
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee