North East Inner City Ministerial Task Force – update from DCC
The City Council’s NEIC Project Team is currently focussed on the deliveriy of the short term measures announced by Enda Kenny T.D., An Taoiseach in North Wall.
The current position is as follows:
- Re-surfacing of existing pitch at Sheriff YC
- Re-surfacing of existing pitch at Larkin College
- New mini pitch at DCC Recreation Centre in Sheriff Street
These three projects were out to tender with a closing date of 3rd November. Assuming successful completion of the procurement process, works will commence on site/s early December, however, this will be weather dependent.
- Sports equipment for youth groups and clubs in the area
Following identification of needs, in consultation with individual clubs and groups, distribution of equipment is underway.
- Special grants for local Sports Clubs
Criteria and process have been drawn up and an open call for proposals issued week ending, 21/10/2016. Closing date 18th November.
- Capital grant to St Joseph’s Boys (GAA)
Dublin City Council Sports Development Officer is guiding the Club with the project management processes necessary to progress to drawdown of the grant.
- Sports Coaching Programmes
Confirmation received from Department of Transport Tourism & Sport on 25/10/16 re-eligibility of proposed programmes extending into 2017. Planning underway.
- Refurbishment of premises in Ballybough (formerly Pigeon Club) for use as boxing club.
Legal process necessary to secure Dublin City Council possession / title of the clubhouse and car park has been progressed by Dublin City Council Law Department and is almost finalised. This will enable Dublin City Council’s unimpeded access to the facility to progress plans for refurbishment work.
Allocation from Department of Housing, Planning, Community & Local Government (€500,000 – 50% Social Inclusion; 50% Social Regeneration)
Submission made to Dept. on 14/09/2016. Approval received for 50% of overall allocation
under Social Inclusion Sub-head. The following projects are progressing:
- BallyMacSheriff Halloween Festival – New event for three communities of Ballybough,
Sheriff St. and Sean McDermott St. delivered successfully.
- Reader in Residence – Charleville Mall Library (Dublin City Public Libraries).
- Coderdojo Digital Skills Project – Charleville Mall Library (Dublin City Public Libraries)
Note: Garda Vetting will be required in both projects.
Approval of funding under Social Regeneration Subhead was received on 24/10/2016 for the following main projects and planning is now underway in consultation with the relevant Dublin City Council Departments with a view to delivering these projects before year end.
- Painting of Lifting Bridge at Sheriff St. Upper / Spencer Dock
- Resurfacing of Railway Street and James Joyce St.
- Upgrade of Portland Place Park (Phase 1)
Allocation from Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural & Gaeltacht Affairs –
35K supplemented by 20K allocation from Dublin City Council
Fire Station Artists Studios – Buckley Hall
Fire Station currently in discussions with owner / landlord to agree terms of tenure. When this has been agreed Dublin City Council will work directly with Fire Station to progress the project in accordance with Dept. Terms & Conditions.
Rutland Street School
Report on Order of Magnitude costs being prepared by City Architects Dept. is due for completion. A macro brief outlining a sustainable building use that will support local community needs in the longer term will be developed when the report on the current review of ETB Services is completed.
raymcadam View All
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee
Leave a Reply