Following the decision of Dublin City Council to grant permission for a series of concerts in Croke Park next year, as Chair of the Planning & Urban Form Strategic Policy Committee, I have been seeking clarification as to how it is envisaged that traffic volumes will be managed throughout the period of the planned concerts.
To date, the Planning Department of Dublin City Council has granted permission for concerts in Croke Park next year on:
- April 23rd and 24th 2022 ( Saturday & Sunday),
- September 16th and 17th 2022 (Friday & Saturday),
- November 9th, 10th & 11th 2022 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).
With regards the specific issue of traffic management, I can advise that the City Council in granting its permission statement for the April and November gigs next year, issued a very stringent condition in respect of traffic management and transportation in the area. This condition requires the following, including:
- The submission of an updated traffic management plan as part of the final Event Management Plan as stipulated in the permission statement.
- The applicant was required to begin consultation meetings with the National Transport Authority, An Garda Siochana, Dublin City Council and the Croke Park Stadium Management within eight weeks of the permission being granted.
Dublin City Council has confirmed that initial meetings as required above have already taken place and they will continue until a final Traffic Management Pan is prepared and has been signed off by all parties outlined above.
When that adopted traffic management plan has been circulated to Councillors, I will arrange to share details of it locally and ensure that all relevant contact details for the applicant, concert organisers and Croke Park are available to you.
I hope this information is of assistance to you. As you can see, the preparation and ultimate approval of a Traffic Management Plan is an ongoing process but as your local City Councillor and Chair of the #DublinCentral Area Committee, I will make sure you are kept abreast of developments in this regard.
Fine Gael Councillor - North Inner City
Leader, Fine Gael, Dublin City Council
Chair, Urban Form & Planning Strategic Policy Committee